The Dunedin Council of Organizations (DCO) is a politically nonpartisan group, which serves as a medium through which organizations and individuals may better promote and serve the welfare of the community.
Founded in 1964, DCO is comprised of churches, businesses, professional groups, schools, neighborhoods, individuals, and civic, service and fraternal organizations which are interested in advancing the civic, cultural and commercial advantages of the area.
Membership is open to Businesses, Not-For-Profit Organizations and Individuals in the greater Dunedin area.
Follow us on Facebook.
The Purpose & Goals of DCO are:
- To afford a forum through which the collective opinion and influence of Dunedin Organizations may be expressed to promote the general welfare of the community.
- To arouse a keener appreciation in all residents of their responsibilities as citizens of Dunedin.
- To publicize the assets of our community to the advantage of our people and for the progress of our institutions.
- To serve as a forum for discussion of such issues as may be considered timely and of community-wide interest.
- To seek the advice and opinion of its Member Organizations upon such community issues and questions which may be of interest to the Council.